Monday, January 10, 2011

Ramen in West Hollywood!







My friends were craving ramen , in my head I was thinking "great...ramen...LA is terrible when it comes to Ramen!...oh noooo"
Then when they told me it was down the street from Crecent Heights, I thought "what!! this cannot be good..."
So we get there, and its this new restaurant I had never seen before, apparently they opened in October or November, so this is very new. Robata Jinya.We walk in and its flooded with people. Even the outside patio area was packed. (this was a friday night)
But since of my girl friends knew the girl who works there, we were seated right away! :)
The atmosphere was nice, kinda dark and simple.
They have other things on the menu, but our bellies were only thinking of Ramen! You can choose from Tokyo , which is the lighter soups to Kyoto (spicy) and Osaka, Hokkaido all the way back to Yokohama (which I guess is the heaviest!)
The soup is all pork based (Tonkotsu) So it will be heavier than the original Shoyu (Soy Sauce) base soup.
I got the Tokyo.
And.... it was soooo Yummy! The noodles and soup and all was perfect! Hit the spot.
I was amazed that I can NOW , Finally get good Ramen in LA! yaaaaaay!
My friends also ordered the Tsukune. This was also very yummy with all the 3 sauces!

Will be for sure returning here to Jinya. Maybe on a week night so I can sit and eat right away.

There are two locations in LA area:
8050 W 3rd St
Los Angeles, CA 90048


11239 Ventura Blvd
Studio City, CA 91604


Originally from Ebisu !!

No comments: